Monday, May 01, 2006

Dilemma

On Saturday my daughter will be performing her Senior Recital. She is a music major, majoring in Flute Performance and will graduate this June. I want to wear something special to this last concert, but what? I have a vest pattern that I've been wanting to make for a while, so I decided now is the time to make it up. It is from Purrfection Patterns, and is a perfect canvas for something fun. I really want to applique a giant poppy on the back, or embroider a peacock. But I think both of those choices would be too flashy for this occasion. Plus, time is a factor! So my plan was to modify the pattern by slashing the front and back at an angle, and adding in strips of fabric. I will use pleated silk instead of the side panels, hoping it will add a Fortuny touch. Here's my dilemma:




What colors do I choose? Ack! I don't want to go too bold, yet I look terrible in muted colors. Did I add that I will be wearing black pants? The are the only thing I have that fits right now.

Hopefully I will be able to decide by tonight, because time's awastin'!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

I am really liking the orange/red/pink color spread!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home